Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shiner, TX home of Shiner Beer

I had my rig washed today and after I paid the gent I went on a sight seeing tour to the town of Shiner, TX. That's right my friend Sharon (Sprinter) would have loved being there as I toured the Spoetzl Brewery. They brew Shiner Bock, Shiner Blonde, Shiner Light Blonde, Shiner Black Lager, and this time of year Shiner Octoberfest except I think it is Oktoberfest. What a neat place to tour. We had a very small group about 8 people and it was very interesting. You can get most of the information off from their web site but it was neat to see what I had previously read about. In the lobby area they give you, upon your request, a 4.5 or 5 oz small cup of your choice of beer and three wooden tokens that you can turn in for another cup of beer until all you tokens are gone and you have consumed about 10 or 12 oz of beer. Good and COLD beer. Have to say my favorite was Bock with Light Blonde second the Oktoberfest was last...it made my lips tingle.

I made a tour around a couple of blocks in the down town area and would like to go back and spend some time walking around and into and out of the stores. They have really done a great job in taking advantage of the tourist, most were other Texans, coming into their town.

Will try to either Rockport or possibly Refugio which has a winery later this week. Need to decide if I want to stay here another week. It is a Passport America park at $13.88 a day. May have to get to see everything seen I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment