Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rally over now OK to TX - June 29, '11

I was up and ready to go for the walk at 6:45. However, there was thunder and lightening to the West. I told the walkers that if it looked like it was getting closer, that I'd bail out. I'd not walk in storms that had lightening. Sure enough there was a big crack of lightening and then thunder, so we turned around and came back to the Center. Shortly it started raining. So I waited around and when it stopped raining, I walked down, unplugged my rig, hooked up the car and drove on up to the large parking area.

Went in and had breakfast and when I went back out the rain appeared to have given up the ghost. So I headed out by way of 270 to 9 to 35. I drove until Ardmore and stopped to gas up. It was hot. I called Ray Roberts Lake State Park and asked if they had a campground with pull-thrus available for the night. So I stopped about 1:00 p.m. Had lunch, took a nap, swept out the rig, took awalk around the campground, walked thru the bathroom/shower house and then came back and got ready to pull the plug and travel the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment