Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Step

Today I went to my brother and SIL's to pick up mail, update my GPS, do laundry and have pizza dinner with them. Everything we find. Drove down I-35 right thru Austin both going and coming. After rush hour the traffic is really not bad. Took me 55 minutes to go from north Georgetown to Buda both ways. That's not bad and it is less miles than the toll way even though the time is about the same.

I updated Geraldine (Garmin 465T GPS) today. She is now quite happy. A little slow, but then the installer had to remove some items in order to have room to load the maps for US and Canada. Not enough room for Full North America. Bet anything that the next map download will say, no room available. I did go delete some of my favorites. Have committed to writing everything down. May have to put a micro SD card into it to have enough room for maps. Time alone will tell.

I have decided to have the oil changed in my car tomorrow. Then I am ready to break down the inside and dump tomorrow. That will make hitting the road earlier on Thursday morning. On Thursday I am scheduled to drive 260 miles. Close to 5 hours driving with one or two breaks and a gas stop it will end up close to 6 hours on the road.

Woo Hoo!!! Alaska here we come.

2 comments:

  1. Wheee! I'm jealous of all y'all going to Alaska. I hope to be able to do that someday but I'm afraid it will have to wait until I retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your retirement come soon for you. I really do love it! Alaska in my RV is a dream coming true.

      Delete