Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day Trip to Gonazles - July 2, '11

I had arranged to pick Colleen up and 10ish for a trip out to Gonzales. She called me at 7:45 and said she was up and at 'em if I wanted to go early. So I picked her up at 8:40 and we took off. We drove down Hwy 78 to Hwy 46 and then took Hwy 90 thru the old down town part of Seguin and about thru town we turned on Kings Rd and went to pick up ALT Hwy90. The park was about 35 miles east of Seguin and 12-15 west of Gonzales. After looking at the park, we drove on to Gonzales and made a pass thru the bypass area, came back and then decided to 'lunch' at Mr. Taco. It had to be either quite good, or lots of cheap food. Cars said good. It was good.

After lunch we drove toward downtown and stopped at a cemetrary (I know that is spelled wrong but I am not going to look it up!). It really warmed up while we were walking around and we decided to call it a day and go home.

On the way home we stopped at a roadside stand and got some peaches, tomatoes and cucumbers. A little farther down the road we saw another roadside stand and stopped for cantaloupe. Speaking of which I need to get it cut and ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment