Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday - Schertz to Livingston

Wow it has been a really hot week following me around. I had a very pleasant drive over to Livingston from Schertz. Very small breeze most of the way. Got pretty warm about Onalaska which is about 30 miles from Huntsville. I had planned to stay at Huntsville State Park but decided since I was this close, it just made sense to drive on in and not wait until the following morning. However, it was really hot when I arrived at about 1:45 p.m. I was shown to my site and then I unhooked my toad from the rig and started the hookup process. When I got the power hooked up and started working with the water, I noticed that the outside thermometer was ready 114*. Needless to say, by the time I completed the hooking up I was soaked in sweat and totally bushed!

The Volunteer Coordinator, Bill, came by and gave me forms to complete and asked that I come to the dining room to meet the folks at 4:30. I showered and found that though the level says I am level and the athroom door is doing fine, the shower pan says I am about ¼ off level. I’ll need to fix that sooner or later. So at 4:30 I met George, Ken, Sara and Shirley. I am to shadow Shirley for a few days and then I’ll be at it on my own.

Started shadowing Shirley by helping to clean the dining area. Vinegar water with rag for table top and another rag for the chairs. Then, get out the vacuum cleaners and get everything up off the floors. Shirley invited me over to her rig for conversation and a glass of wine. Shirley and I met at 8:45 to close up the building and made arrangements for the building opening at 6:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment