Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Supply Park first full day

Last night was cool and ended up very exciting. I heard a Chuck-Will calling about 8 p.m. That was really neat. This is the edge of it's western territory. But it could be migrating.

Today I woke up to a cool morning and loud neighbors. Seems like the mowers or something was being serviced or repaired and it was bang, bang, hit, yell all morning.

I did take off for a 2 hour meandering walk and did some photography, birded, checked out the dump station and the bathroom as well as one of the boat ramps. I heard some warblers calling today, but I never got a good sighting of them, I got wobble head first. Will try again tomorrow. Gave some serious thought to making a site change, but then decided I could put up with it, I think, for 3 more nights. The repairs were completed and after some more yelling the equipment moved down the road. It did warm up, too. It is 95* right now out on the back porch.

On my walk I found this butterfly tree that had a gazillion butterflies all over it. It appears to be in distress from some kind of bettle/bug. But the little things hanging all over it was great. I haven't looked for my butterfly book yet. I'll do that later today.


Butterfly Tree

Question Mark (black form)

Mourning Cloak

Mourning Cloak and Red Admiral

Variegated Fritillary

Great wine cup

Mulberry bush with fruit

Great Birds
Canada Goose and Gosling

Gooslings


Mississippi Kite


 
Lark Sparrow


camground sites



 Here is hoping things are quiet this evening. 



2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Love the butterfly tree. We had Whippoorwills calling last night here in NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got some really great shots today. I love the butterflies and the goslings. Those look some really nice campsites, lots of trees and shade. Nice when it is so warm. Hopefully they are done working near you.

    ReplyDelete